Lately, I’m realizing more and more that I need to read books a bit more often than I used to. However, while I’m reading, I’m slowly getting into the groove of also reviewing them as well. I don’t really want this to be the focus of this blog, rather, I want this to be considered an added feature since the goal of this blog is to post the journey of being an author – at least in my perspective. In any case, on the off-chance you’re interested in what each rating means on this blog, you can read that here.
Just understand that these are my opinions and I don’t mind discussion – just keep it civil. The minute there’s name-calling and just acting badly, I’m going to ban you.
- ★★★★★ – 5 Stars – There are absolutely no flaws with this! If there’s something I need to complain about it’s probably me trying desperately to find something wrong with it! For me, this is pretty inoffensive, it’s done in a way where it’s believable, it’s done with respect, or any combination thereof. I will most likely automatically recommend this to everyone I see!
- ★★★★☆ – 4 Stars – There are some flaws in this but I still found it extremely enjoyable/entertaining. There might be a major issue that I have with it but it didn’t take me out of the story as much as it probably would otherwise. I’ll still recommend it but be sure that I’m going to mention the big problem I have with it.
- ★★★☆☆ – 3 Stars – This is average at best; average at worst. There’s a pretty good balance of things I liked and I could easily do without. Most likely, I’ll probably forget about this unless I know the person I’d recommend this to would enjoy it a lot more than me. Overall, it left me with pretty “meh” feelings.
- ★★☆☆☆ – 2 Stars – This is below average. While there might be one or two things I may have liked about it, it left me pretty disappointed. It could have done more; it could have done less. Either way, my feelings about this is definitely not recommending this to, really, anyone at all. These are pretty forgetful anyway.
- ★☆☆☆☆ – 1 Star – Why did I waste my time with this? This is literally offensive to me in a way that I’ll probably continue to rant out about forever if it’s prompted. I would not recommend this to anyone at all and I’m angry at you for even asking me to! I’d talk about it sure, and there might be something I like… but it’s going to be hard to pick it out. No literally, do not ask me about this unless you just really enjoy seeing my reaction to this.